the ekklesia pursuit of men
ekklesia believes that the “manly stuff” has been unconsciously removed from the body of Christ today. We are missing the manly input, potency, force, influence, presence, and strength in Christ’s body and the numbers prove it. Men are not responding to the traditional Sunday morning environment.
At ekklesia, we are pursuing men who want to develop that lay-it-all-on-the-line commitment to the cause of Christ and a die-if-I-must attitude toward defending truth and scripture. We believe men are the key to fixing our broken homes, impacting our workplaces, and changing our communities. We are confident that men have that burning desire to stand against evil, break the jaws of the wicked to rescue the oppressed, the orphaned, the widow, and the enslaved.
We believe husband and father is not merely a title to hold but the greatest privilege and responsibility that a man undertakes and should be centered around a man’s man – Jesus Christ. A man that was masculine yet loving, compassionate yet full of uncompromising Truth. Jesus was bold not passive. He despised indifference and was the example of obedience.
Pursuing men is not easy in today’s world! At ekklesia we think it is worth the effort no matter the cost.
- We are willing to drop into men’s lives right where they are.
- We aren’t afraid to get into the trenches of life with them.
- We focus on creating masculine environments and opportunities.
- We look for means to give our value away to younger men.
- We have an intentional plan to help them be warriors and game changers.
- We have structures to fight the battle side-by-side.
- We are truthful and bold.
- We challenge men to change.
ekklesia recognizes there are males – and there are men. We are pursuing those who want to be counted among the men!
“The bravest are those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, both the glory and danger alike, and yet nevertheless, go out to meet it.” Thucydides